Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

21 Days of Prayer for Sons - Patience (Day 12)

I want to start off today by wishing my wonderful husband, Nick, a Happy Father's Day. It seems that more often than not, I get caught up in the responsibilities and challenges of being a mom and don't give enough thought or credit to him as the father of these seven amazing, smart, creative children of ours. He has been patient with me through most of it and I am so grateful to him for sticking with me through all of the craziness. I am blessed by Nick daily, and my kids are so lucky.

I also want to apologize for getting to this so late. I have been praying for you all and your families. My own sons seem to be getting some benefit from my time in prayer the past 12 days. How has it been for you?

I want to share this great jewel that Brooke included in the Leader's Guide for today. It really touched my heart because it's what God's been speaking to me about in the past few months as well. Be blessed. "I'm convinced that God cares less about how much I accomplish in life...the "great things" I do in His Name...than He does about how I respond to the things He allows into my life on the daily. Some of the most accomplished in the Kingdom of Christ are those whose names you and I will never know this side of heaven. And greatness is only measured by how well we respond to Christ in the little things. Being patient for what God's plan is and not necessarily pursuing our own dreams."

Hold on to that when your patience is being tested. May the fruit of the Spirit grow large and ripe for you!

Patience
May__________be an example of suffering and patience (James 5:10) 
May__________be strengthened with all power, according to God?s glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy (Colossians 1:11)
May__________prove himself by his purity, understanding, patience, kindness, by the Holy Spirit within him, and by his sincere love (2 Corinthians 6:6) 
May__________preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and ex-hort, with complete patience and teaching (2 Timothy 4:2) 
May__________not presume on the riches of God?s kindness and forbearance and patience, knowing that God?s kindness is meant to lead him to repentance (Romans 2:4) 
May__________put on then, as God?s chosen one, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience (Colossians 3:12) 
May__________be patient, for the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit (Ecclesiastes 7:8)
May__________have good sense making him slow to anger, for it is his glory to overlook an of-fense (Proverbs 19:11)
May__________make every effort to add to his faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love (2 Peter 1:5-7) 
May__________be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness (Titus 2:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Please share your thoughts on the post and leave any advice or stories of your own!