Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

21 Days of Prayer for Sons - Obedience (Day 1)

Carlo - 6
Antonio -13
Rocky - 11
My 4 Blessed BOYS!

Luca - 5
I'm so excited to start the 21 Days of Prayer for Sons today, and so grateful to Brooke for her amazing book inspiring us to be Warrior Moms! Already this morning, I've dealt with obedience issues, broken up a fight, and dealt with brothers torturing their sisters. So, I definitely need God to change these little hearts! For those of you joining me here for the first time, for this timely purpose, I'll give you a little background on my family. I've been married for 15 years, and I am the happy, proud and frazzled mom to 7 amazing children. Four of which are boys. My oldest 2 are boys (only 18-months apart) and then 2 girls, 2 more boys (20-months apart), and the littlest is a girl. My husband and I have been involved in ministry for more than 13 years - from music ministry to youth ministry to prayer ministry. There have been ups and downs, but it's natural to have an ebb and flow in life. Currently, we are involved with a House of Prayer, including the children. On paper, it sounds awesome, but in life it is HARD and there are days when we fight to stay on the path the Lord has placed us on - feeling our way in the dark with just that spark of Love leading us on. God is always faithful.

I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you. Your stories of family, struggles, prayer requests and praise reports! I'm here to encourage you during this dedicated time of prayer for your sons and if there is anything you need prayer for, please don't hesitate to ask. You can leave a comment on here for me and the others, send me an email for more private correspondence (dixiecanuso@hotmail.com), or if you're linking up with us on Facebook you can send me a message on there too.

So, as I said, I've already been struggling with obedience at home today - let's get started! If you purchased the Warrior Prayers book, you know the layout. We'll be saying 8 specific and biblical prayers over our sons each day. Focus on that issue, the face of your son(s), his name, his future. Let him see you, hear you praying over him. If you have a grown son, I thought it was a great idea to write a short letter to him including the prayers you spoke over him each day. Imagine what an impact that would make! I'm going to keep a journal during this time to keep track of the days, prayers, and personal breakthroughs. Do you guys have any other ideas?

As you say these prayers, inserting your sons' names, hold them up to the Lord. Only He can change hearts. I encourage you to look up the Bible verses and read them, meditate upon them as you pray throughout the day. Remember, as Brooke says, "I have no idea how to raise men who will be different, respecters of women, lovers of God. I have no idea how to teach little men to work with their hands, take commitments seriously and protect the least of these. And I certainly have no idea how to raise warriors, protectors, worshippers, peacemakers and friends by myself." THE BATTLE IS BEST FOUGHT ON OUR KNEES! I've been working on Cheerful Obedience here, at home, but there are days when I'll settle for simply "no fights" when I ask them to do something. I'm hoping for "yes, Mom, I'd be happy to" when I would settle for them just walking off to DO IT! I guess you could say the training isn't going too well. I'm looking forward to the results of these prayers. Good luck, everyone! I'll be holding you up in prayer as well.


OBEDIENCE
Whether it is favorable or unfavorable, may ___________ obey the LORD our God...so that it will go well with him (Jeremiah 42:6).
May __________ obey his parents in the Lord, for this is right (Ephesians 6:1).
May __________ obey his leaders and submit to them, for they are keeping watch over his soul, as those who will have to give an account. Let __________ do this with joy and not with groaning (Hebrews 13:17).
May __________ obey God rather than men (Acts 5:29).
May __________ return to the LORD His God, and obey with all his heart and all his soul all the commands God has given (Deuteronomy 30:2).
May __________ walk after the LORD His God and fear Him and keep His commandments and obey His voice. May he serve Him and hold fast to Him (Deuteronomy 13:4).
May __________ stop his sinning and begin to obey the LORD his God (Jeremiah 26:13).
May __________ obey Jesus' commandments, and remain in His love (John 15:10).
May __________ show his love for Christ by obeying His commands (John 14:15).
May we be full of joy at __________'s obedience (Romans 16:19).

7 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks so much for posting this! I think it's so important!
    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be an amazing 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dixie-
    I finally got around to joining your blog e-mail. What a great time we will have praying for our boys. (by the way thanks for doing this.)Both yours and mine are getting so big. Also, thanks for praying for Israel. I know that it is close to you and Nick. Glad to see you passing it on to your children. Talk to you later.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased you joined me here, Karen! Yes, the boys are getting big! Time has flown by. Praying for Israel has become a regular part of our Wed. night intercession sets at the House of Prayer as well. It is natural and makes God glad! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Is it too late for me to sign up with this blog? I would love to join! I downloaded the ebook and have read today's chapter and have been praying for my boys. Please let me know if I'm still able to join this group, and if so, how do I go about doing so? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's definitely not too late to join us, Kristine! We'd love to have you. I'll be posting each day during this challenge to give some guidance and provide prayer covering for you! Just come here to the blog each day and leave a comment so we can come together as a community! We'll be linking up with other groups each Friday. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Quick summary on myself: My name is Kristine, and I have been married to my hubby, David, for 7 years this August. We have two beautiful sons, Nathan (2.5) and Matthew (1). I am blessed to have them in my life, but it is quite the challenge having boys, especially two so close in age! I know our family is in need of this kind of structured prayer, so I am thrilled to be here, participating in this challenge with all of you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Please share your thoughts on the post and leave any advice or stories of your own!