Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

21 Days of Prayer for Sons - Integrity (Day 3)

Rocky when he got the Terrific Kids citizenship award
I love this quote from the Warrior Prayers book: "If you're anything like me, the greatest desire of your heart is for your son to be a mighty man of God. You dream of him being a man of integrity, a man of principle, and a man who loves Jesus. You dare to hope that when the day of temptation comes, he will stand strong and fight for Truth." This IS my deepest longing for my boys! This is what I'm praying over their lives. I hope that they will be successful in their endeavors, that they find love and have happy families. I hope that their hearts are never broken and they will be protected from pain. But I am PRAYING that they will be mighty men of God.


I'm really enjoying spending this time with God, talking to Him about my sons, agreeing with His Word over their lives. How is it going with all of you? I spent some time praying for you last night before bedtime. I needed the quiet to concentrate! Let me know how I can pray for you specifically. I know my sons are benefiting from the prayers, but I feel kind of drained. Warfare can be tiring, we've got to make sure we're getting refreshed in the Lord. Put some worship music on and sing, or dance! Tickle you son till he starts giggling; that makes me smile every time! Find a JOYFUL Psalm and pray it out while you soak in a bubble bath. Find what works for you and take that time for yourself so you can have the strength to go back to those warrior prayers!
If there's anyone following along with us who hasn't left a comment on this, please let me know the first names and ages of your sons. On Monday, I'll post a complete list of the sons we're fighting for. That will give us a great idea of how awesome the army of the Lord will be as they grow into men.
I just love these prayers for integrity today; they cover so much of what it means to be a man of God. I think we can all agree that our desire is for our sons to be righteous, to resist the flesh and keep their eyes set on the Lord. The chapter on Daniel is great; it got me thinking about how he didn't conform to the king's ways, but he did this not in a critical or rebellious way, but respectful and keeping God foremost. He didn't succumb to temptation, he didn't conform, he chose God. And Daniel was honored by God. Another great quote by Brooke, "So I'm praying that the Lord will give my boys a heart like Daniel. A warrior's heart that is set apart."



Integrity
May__________walk before You, as David his father walked, with integrity of heart and upright-ness, doing according to all that God has commanded him, and keeping His statutes and His rules (1 Kings 9:4)
Till he dies, may__________never put away his integrity (Job 27:5)
May__________ponder the way that is blameless and walk with integrity of heart within God?s house (Psalm 101:2)
May__________show himself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in his teaching show integrity, dignity (Titus 2:7)
Like Joseph, may__________hear the word of the Lord and obey (from Luke 1:27) 
Like Daniel, may__________resolve not to defile himself (from Daniel 1:8) 
Like Paul, may__________learn to be content in any situation (Philippians 4:11) 
Like Timothy, may__________set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity (1 Timothy 4:12)
Like David with Goliath, may__________stand up for the living God (1 Samuel 17) 
Like Abraham, may__________obey God in faith (Genesis 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Please share your thoughts on the post and leave any advice or stories of your own!