Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

On Vacation...

I feel bad about not posting for a week! It's been a crazy time, though. We had a houseguest from Kansas last week and then I flew out on Wednesday afternoon with our 4 oldest kids for Omaha. They get to have lots of fun visiting with grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins - not to mention long-time family friends in the midwest during the whole month of July. I flew up here for the week to visit with my parents and especially my sister, Holly, and her family. Her new baby girl, Hope, is 2 weeks old today! She is a doll and is good at sleeping and eating! Her big sister, Sophia, loves to tell everyone that they have a new baby girl. She also likes to be just a tiny bit bossy about how to act around Hope. But, hey, that's big-sister perogative, I think. I will have to post pics of them after I get home on Wednesday night because I forgot to bring my camera cord.

I'm packing in as much fun as possible over the next couple days, so you probably won't hear from me till Thursday or Friday. Tomorrow's schedule includes: a short sight-seeing flight with my dad who happens to be the pilot and my 2 big girls, a call-in meeting for OHOP, spending the afternoon with Holly and Hope, and possibly eating out and watching Monsters VS. Aliens. My time here is flying by, but I miss Nick and my 3 munchkins. It will be good to see their little faces again. In the meantime, I'm really not missing the mountains of laundry, dishes, and messy diapers. Please pray for Nick as he is doing a great job with them on his own. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Its hard to relax when you're away from (some of) your kids...but try! Enjoy your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad to be home and will try to have a new entry by tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, enjoying yourself and spending so much quality time with family. Sounds just lovely!
    Looking forward to the pictures when you return :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Please share your thoughts on the post and leave any advice or stories of your own!