Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Pursuit of a Family Fast

Cecelia, Carlo, and Keliah Singing at the Prayer Room

Our Mission Base, the Orlando House of Prayer, started a corporate 21-day Fast yesterday. We've decided to try our first "family fast." The other times that Nick has fasted, I've been pregnant or nursing so my fasting was limited. This time, Nick and I are trying to maintain the Daniel Fast, and the kids are too - slightly modified to include whole grains for them. Truly, this is going to be an adventure. I think 4 kids asked me for ice cream today. Uh, no.
We're trying to make it fun for them, focusing on Jesus and great opportunity to come together and pray, eat healthy veggie-centric meals, and their favorite fruits. They are little fruit piggies, but the munchies tend to set in after naptime.
It's a work in progress. I really need to do some meal planning this evening and grocery shopping tomorrow.
This week the focus for the fast is Intimacy. I'll keep you all posted on the progress.
In the meantime, I'm praying these chocolate cravings pass quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Please share your thoughts on the post and leave any advice or stories of your own!