Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

My Big Girl is 10!

A week ago, we celebrated Cecelia's 10th birthday. I was overwhelmed by the realization that my big/little girl is growing up and out of childhood. She didn't even get any toys for presents. (She didn't ask for any either.) She had wanted to have a sleepover, but one of her friends wasn't able to spend the night and the other is allergic to our pets. The best alternative was THE BEACH! 


Rocky, Keliah, Cecelia, Carlo, Antonio and Luca



We drove out to Ft. Desoto park on the gulf coast and shared a picnic lunch with seagulls and had a great time swimming, exploring, and playing. Because of the long road trip and extended time on the beach (as evidenced by the pink shoulders of some of us), we had cake, ice cream and presents the next day.

Happy Birthday Cecelia!!!

I was touched when Keliah (8) wanted to pray for Cecelia to bless her birthday.
Sweet Cecelia, you may not always hear me say all I feel for you. I love you - you know that - but do you know how much I treasure and cherish you? You are the delight of my heart and everyday my respect for you and my pride in you grows. You are an amazing lover of the Lord, a girl who desires the things of God with your whole heart! I pray that you are continually blessed and amazed by the goodness of your Heavenly Father and that we as your family will always lift you up on your journey.

Keliah praying a blessing over Cecelia

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I don't know if I'll be happy or sad that my little girl is growing up so fast!!! Probably both!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Please share your thoughts on the post and leave any advice or stories of your own!