Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Youth Pastor Summit!

Well, I got the babysitter for the whole day, gas in the car, and a (finally) convinced husband. We're going to the Youth Pastor Summit at Universal Studios tomorrow! Yes, a whole day without the kids! This free mini-conference is put on every year by the Student Leadership University to bless, inform, and edify youth pastors. We had that job for many years, as youth sponsors as well as pastors, and it was tough, rewarding, and frustrating. But, I tell ya, there is nothing more satisfying than seeing a teen growing in his or her relationship with Jesus. We're not "in the business" now, exactly, but we are parents of youth now. (WHAT?!) I, for one, need more insight into how the development between childhood to adulthood works and how I can guide them, with Christ, through the process. I need inspiration! God is an excellent co-parent, but sometimes it's so noisy inside and outside of my head that I can't hear His voice. So, I am definitely looking forward to tomorrow. Plus, we get to hang out at Universal for free for a few hours. How fun is that?


Looking forward to sharing more with you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Please share your thoughts on the post and leave any advice or stories of your own!