Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Who likes swords?

How long can you spend in a sword shop without buying anything? 
That's the question we seemed to be asking on a recent trip to St. Augustine (possibly our favorite city ever.) The kids (and Nick) would have been happy to spend another half-hour trying out the merchandise, but I felt we'd reached the limit. For the record, no sales person bothered us or asked us to leave; we had a great time. I was getting a little nervous, though, about whether Luca would pick up something and smash it over his little sister's head. He only got to try the wooden swords. ;)

2 comments:

  1. How fun! These pictures really stir me to remember to take my position in battle...to put on every piece of the armor. What a great visual!!

    We will keep you all lifted up and we are in agreement with you for your provision in Jesus name. We'll get together when you all get back. Have a great trip, Dixie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It was only after I posted this (way too late last night) that I thought of adding the scripture reference. We recently had a time of prayer for a man of God serving in Orlando who was being called to step into "Captainship" in the army of God; I had a word that up till now his position has been as "armorer" - equipping the young saints with righteousness, salvation, faith, and putting the sword in their hearts and hands. The Lord is awesome, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments! Please share your thoughts on the post and leave any advice or stories of your own!