Pages

Saturday, June 11, 2011

21 Days of Prayer for Sons - Avoiding Foolishness (Day 4)

Well, ladies, I've had a busy day, as I'm sure the rest of you have as well. I'm sorry to be getting this up so late today. So far on this prayer journey, I've been saying them throughout the day, but I find my best times of focused prayer are at night just before bed. What's working best for all of you?

I've heard some reports of some of the other participants having hard times already this week. I've been lifting you up in prayer; protection, peace, strength to see this through. Of course, the everyday can be a rough time with boys. They can be loud, rowdy, antagonistic, moody, clingy, irritating, but that is what we're here for! We are praying for God to change their hearts of stone into flesh. We are praying for God's plan to be made manifest in our sons' lives! It's exciting, exhilarating, and exhausting. ;)

Just know, I am with you in spirit as we pray together over our sons' hearts, minds, lives and spirits. I know we all can agree in our sincere hope that they will AVOID FOOLISHNESS!

I'll end with this great prayer from the Warrior Prayers book: "Lord, I pray that my son will resolve not to defile himself with what the world has to offer. I ask for boldness for him in standing up for what is right, just like Daniel did. And that You would give him favor and compassion in the sight of those he will encounter. Amen."


Avoiding Foolishness
May __________ avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless (Titus 3:9) 
May __________ have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; for they breed quarrels (2 Timothy 2:23)
May __________ not participate in filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving (Ephesians 5:4) 
May __________ hear these words of Mine, act on them, and avoid being like a foolish man who built his house on the sand (Matthew 7:26)
May __________ be more like a poor and wise youth than an old and foolish king who no longer knows how to take advice (Ecclesiastes 4:13)
May __________ not be foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures... (Titus 3:3)
May __________ leave the presence of a fool, for there he will not meet words of knowledge (Proverbs 14:7)
May __________ not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is (Ephesians 5:17) 
May our sons be like a poor person who walks in his integrity rather than one who is crooked in speech and is a fool (Proverbs 19:1)
May __________ have a wise man?s heart inclining him to the right, and not a fool?s heart inclining to the left (Ecclesiastes 10:2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments! Please share your thoughts on the post and leave any advice or stories of your own!